Each January, we invite organizations to submit proposals for our grants, and each June, we select the recipients. Grant recipient selection is a four-part process that includes completing our required forms. We do not accept grant requests outside of this annual process. Please go to the application process page for instructions for our next grant cycle.
Downloadable versions of grant documents are available throughout this text as they are referenced, or you may go to the document downloads page to see all available downloads together.
You can download a complete copy of the grant guidelines in the following versions:
Download grant guidelines (MS Word version)
Download grant guidelines (Adobe Acrobat version)
Impact Austin’s members combine $1,000 annual donations to fund large ($100,000+) grants, which are awarded in June of each year to local charitable organizations. We solicit proposals for programs or projects in five focus areas: culture, education, environment, family and health and wellness.
Impact Austin’s funding cycle runs from July 1 of the current year to June 30 of the following year. In each funding year, we collect money through December, solicit and evaluate proposals January through May and award the grants in June. We announce the exact amount of money available in the funding year after December 31.
Here’s how previous funding years worked:
• 2004: 126 members. $126,000 grant to LifeWorks
• 2005: 201 members. $100,500 grants to Communities In Schools, Austin Travis County MHMR
• 2006: 324 members. $108,000 grants to Emancipet, Children’s Wellness Center, Literacy Austin
• 2007: 416 members. $104,000 grants to College Forward, Adoption Coalition of Texas, Indigent Care Collaboration, Rude Mechanicals Theatre Collective
• 2008: 510 members. $102,000 grants to Southwest Key, Breakthrough Austin, SafePlace, Goodwill Industries, Ecology Action
• 2009: 510 members: $102,000 grants to YouthLaunch, GENAustin, Peoples Community Clinic, Capital IDEA, Ballet East Dance Company
• 2010: 525 members. $105,000 grants to Austin Groups for the Elderly, CASA of Travis County, Communities In Schools, Austin Parks Foundation, Badgerdog Literary Publishing
• 2011: 542 members. $108,400 grants to Paramount Theatre and State Theatre, Austin Partners in Education, Camp Fire USA Balcones Council, Texas Advocacy Project, Austin Child Guidance Center.
• 2012: 518 members. $103,600 grants to Theatre Action Project, AVANCE-Austin, Ecology Action, Partnerships for Children, and Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area.
• 2013: 505 members. $101,000 grants to ZACH Theatre, LifeWorks, Colorado River Alliance, GENaustin, Manos de Cristo.
Impact Austin’s members serve on committees and evaluate the grant proposals. The committees select finalists in each of the five focus areas. In June, we invite all members to cast a vote for the winning grant recipients.